This is not your grandmother’s clean
||AFTER 60 MINUTES of
exposure to bleach, many
cells in this biofilm were
dying (green), but many
others, especially in
the interior, still remained
source - scientific american (battling Biofilms) photograph by Sam Ogden
- Oxidizes metals and destroys stainless steel, degrades grout & concrete
- Ineffective if used on dirty surfaces
- Rapidly degrades in sunlight and hot water, losing effectiveness
- Most bleach products are not EPA-registered disinfectants
- Is suspected to cause problems with fertility for chemically-sensitive humans and pets
- Dangerous to human contact: eyes, skin, respiratory consequences
For years, bleach (sodium hypochlorite) has been mistakenly associated with an absolutely clean and disinfected surface. Today, scientists are becoming more aware of the limitations of chemical disinfectants and sanitizers. Recent studies investigating biofilms (microbe colonies present on many pieces of food processing equipment, for example) reveal that 60 minutes of exposure to bleach leaves as many live cells as dead cells in the biofilm matrix. This leads to rapid recolonization of the surface.
Studies show that sufficient heat as is present in the TANCS® steam vapor system will travel through the biofilm and kill the cells that are unreachable by the surface application of a germicide. All without degrading the surface you’re cleaning or impairing the air you’re breathing while you’re doing it!
Benefits of TANCS® technology:
- Results are dramatic and virtually immediate.
- Because the process is so effective, results last longer between cleanings.
- Steam vapor reaches into microscopic pores where topical chemical applications and scrubbing would never reach.
- Savings in time and effort.
- Simplification of cleaning protocols— no disinfectant mixing, storage, disposal concerns, lengthy dwell time requirements, or confusing label directions.
- Elimination and control of the biofilms that resist typical disinfectants.
- Reduced chemical exposure risks.
- Destruction of embedded bacteria and germs that cause lingering odor with traditional cleaning methods.
- Minerals are utilized by TANCS® instead of building up on internal components. The resulting elimination of scale allows for an extended warranty on the steam boiler.
- Disinfecting powers reach far beyond what you can see.